Saturday, November 26, 2011

Frozen Hot Chocolate

I decided to participate in Black Friday this year. So today I am T.I.R.E.D!! But I wanted to share a yummy recipe with you.

I have a new love.
It's name is not just hot chocolate
but FROZEN hot chocolate.

Yes I know it is cold outside but seriously this is the best frozen drink ever. 
You HAVE to try it!

I originally got the recipe HERE but after trying it I changed it a little and made it much more simple!

Here is what you need and what I did:
3T granulated sugar
2 packages of hot chocolate mix
2T unsalted butter
12oz can evaporated milk
Ice
Whipped Cream

Combine sugar, butter and hot chocolate mixes in a double boiler. 
Heat until it's paste-like then add 1/2 of the evaporated milk
Cool to room temperature
Combine chocolate mixture, the rest of the evaporated milk, and ice in a blender.
Pour into a cup and top with whipped cream!

Oh So Yummy!!

The next time I make this I am going to skip the heating part and just melt the butter and add to everything and blend with ice. We'll see how that turns out!

Oh and I promise to try to remember to start taking pictures of my recipes I make!! I always forget!!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment